Okay, the house is no longer listed in Utah at all. But some people keep trying to see the Virginia house, Realtors still call to show it. An old neighbor drove by really slow today. (She is a realtor now too.)
I was feeling bad for Ross' new commute, it will be like 100 miles round trip each day. There is nothing really close to where he would work, and we don't want to live on post. Well I was at Penny's Outlet and saw another old neighbor. Cookie Hughes. I said Hi and asked her how she was doing, she mention she was good and I asked if they were still in Winchester, va yes... She said the commute is 150 miles round trip for her each day! She has done this for like 3 years now. Yuck!
Selling the house was easy, Buying a new one went very well. But the loan is being difficult. Carla warned me something was off in our planned schedule. I just didn't realize it was going to frusterate me so much. I don't want to have to be homeless an extra week just so my man can get the 1% point less rate. I realize I am being selfish but 9 people in 2 hotel rooms for 3 -4 weeks is not a pleasant idea. Especially when one of those is 18mos old.
I've tried to drown my irritation in a Mr. Goodbar - didn't work, then I tried 1/3 tub of Cherry CHocolate soy ice cream, it did better than the goodbar.. But I still think I would rather not deal with it. Now we have to modify the contract with an addendum again for the new closing date. I am sure it will not be ready when they say it will. We shall see.
2 comments:
I didn't know that they offered "on post" housing to civilians.
Just a couple miles outside the gate is some lovely desert land you can purchase ... with your very own mobile home. Close enough that you husband could ride his bicycle to work. :-)
I understand the frustrations of loans not closing when they are supposed to. It took us almost 6 months to get into our house because of the frustrating lawyer working for HUD.
I think a nice pedicure would help. Happy feet make for happy faces. =]
Post a Comment