Sister Pile Up!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

my birthday and such!

Till now my most memorable birthday would have to be my 17th. On my 17th birthday I took off work from the credit union I was working at and went to the hospital to donate blood! I couldn't do it till I was 17. Yesterday, was my 39th birthday. I am sure to recall this one too. I closed on my Virginia house at about three p.m. eastern time. Meaning I am officially without an address. I thought about this today as I was driving the kids to school from the hotel. If I got pulled over what address would I give? My p.o. Box in Utah? I can no longer claim the Virginia House, even the mail was the new owner's mail yesterday. We went for the settlement and found they had some problems with the walk through. So since the loan papers weren't ready we went back to the house and showed the new owner how to fix them. The garbage disposal wasn't working well. So I showed him how to clean it by throwning a bunch of ice down it and running the water, with the switch on. It cleaned it right up and he had a smile on his cute young face. Then we went into the girl's bedroom and tilted the light fixture on the ceiling fan that had gotten off balance and didn't want to go. Presto all better! I made sure to tell him where the cables and electrical lines to the house are, since the electric company told me incorrectly. I hope he likes my house. It must just be a guy house. Ross was alone with a guy realtor when he bought it. The three offers that were placed on our house were all by single guys.... Make me think that the layout must somehow appeal to the male intuition. He was a nice guy who had lived in the area for 20 years. He graduated from high school 11 years ago. He has only enough stuff to fill up a couple of pick up trucks. He is challenged with a stutter. He is a professional fire fighter. Yeah for him!

For my birthday dinner we went to RED HOT AND BLUE. It is a barbeque restaurant and I wanted ribs. I rec'd a tom tom GPS and a big bag of peanut M&M's. I was told it would be nice to share...hint hint hint! We went swimming when we got back to the hotel and I sent people to bed. Happy Birthday! Since it was my birthday and I was homeless, I also got to eat what I wanted all day. I had an Apple, and red bell pepper for breakfast, some water and a nutrigrain bar at snack. A Wendy's salad at lunch and leftover's at afternoon snack, and then the barbeque. It was a yummy day and my tummy was much happier than it has been lately with fast food. Happy day!

2 comments:

sleepless said...

A VERY MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY FOREVER I AM SURE !!! I wish you better luck and more stability for your next one !!! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jan Parker said...

Happy belated Birthday! Ooooo...a TomTom...Jim's jealous! Well, it'll come in handy eh?