Sister Pile Up!

Friday, August 1, 2008

We left the airport!


Here we are at the airport.. This was our second day wearing the green adventure shirts (We had gone home the day before and washed them all)

You notice the airport chairs the girls are sitting on.. I am pretty sure they are universal. Cora swears they are comfortable!
Spencer is being bashful, but really he was there too!
We managed to get to the airport with no problems and since we had already "done the system" the day before, we were confident pros at checking all eight bags, and knew that everyone of them was under 50 pounds! (personally I was feeling as though that was quite an accomplishment) We whisked through security and were the second party in line at the gate waiting for the agent. (the first was a Man and his two sons that had also been on our attempted flight the previous day) We were able to get the last 4 seats assigned and I was relieved we all had confirmed seats. My man was gentle, calm, and persistent enough to get the agent to re-arrange the seats so the whole family was on two rows rather than spread out in middle seats all over the plane. The stewardess was also wonderful and asked the gentleman on our row to move up two sets to another aisle seat so we could have a seat for the baby too. Aren't they wonderful (Bless you United!)






We got a lot of comments about why we were wearing the Green shirts. Reunion? Camp? Is our last name Green? My man said we were headed to the "Evergreen" state... But honestly if you have ever tried to travel with a large party you know how hard it is to keep track of people so we have bright Kelly green shirts so we won't lose one another, and everyone had a traveling companion it was their job to keep track of. It worked! We made it to Seattle, WA!

7 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

I can't believe what a hard time you had getting out of there! I'm so glad you made it for your vacation and you family is so cute. I've been meaning to reply to your email, just haven't had time!

Sandy Plummer said...

Hello! Seattle!!! Can't wait to hear tales of your adventure!!!

Sherri said...

Sounds like you had an adventure before you were even on your vacation. I'm glad you made it to Washington. We haven't had a chance to visit since we moved a few years ago. We look forward to seeing everyone again too.

Shiloah Baker said...

Great idea wearing the green shirts!

FoxFamily said...

Yippie!! I am glad you got to your destination!! Have fun!

sleepless said...

You are definately making memories they won't forget anytime soon !!!Good Job !!

Princess Abigail said...

What a splendid idea! Colour coding the family! I might do just the same with the Bernard Bunch when we hit the beaches next week. Or on a bad day, when they are really driving me crazy, maybe I'll make sure we are all wearing different colours ....
What a happy family! I'm enjoying discovering you!
Alison
the "Mama" of the Bernard Bunch