I admit, I actually like projects, I just prefer them on a small scale. Yesterday the kids were drawing project chores out of a jar. They had their normal chores and then they have to draw a new one each day out of my little jar. Rachael has had a good time with that, she drew like 3 projects yesterday. The boys had to spread 2 bags of mulch each, Cora was cutting big black tubing and putting it on the drain spouts. Myra was painting the concrete foundation (Rachael took pitty on her and came out to help a bit.) Rachael was triming the boxwood shrubs. I was very closely monitoring that effort. I have had very low survival rate for the things my boys have pruned or trimmed on their own. She did good. Lilly had to paint the board that need to go on the house front. It looks like spreading warm chocolate. That is the color of our paint! I watched the whole time. We also weeded the back of the house. Pretty good for day one!
Day two - I tore up the master bathroom. Rachael and Cora had a great time dropping the debris out my second story window and yelling "look out below!" We cleaned out the mess, Rachael hammered down the staples, Myra had to weed the front garden bed. Spencer had to tape the wood trim in the den. (he discovered it wasn't a piece of cake - It took him almost an hour.) Bruce's job was to swap the "green" light bulbs for bright regular ones, he switched 13. and put the glass covers back on two fixtures. Rachael primed the bathroom, and painted it. I went in after and touched up the spaces she missed and the ceiling. She wanted it painted, but everytime she tried, she got paint on her glasses. :) I took care of that for her. Bruce was kind enought to drive the girls to piano lessons. He also took his brother and two youngest sisters to visit with the dog he is caring for. He went over earlier and the dog looked like it hadn't moved. So he took a crew to play with the dog, It got happy! Holly liked the dog too.. They said she could hold his mouth shut with her hands when she wanted it to stop licking her. That is one terrific dog! I had to stay home and wait for the appliance repairman. My stove top element wasn't working due to the recepticle being destroyed. Now, we can cook again. The repairman also listened to my dryer and said it was the motor starting to die. He suggested that I just buy another one of those simple dryers.. The boys made Hamburger helper and red beans and rice for dinner. I'm not complaining. After dinner we went to the pool for a swim. It tired Holly out. I think that is about all of our excitement for today! Tomorrow is another adventure! Who-yah!
1 comment:
Wow, that is so great that you have such helpful children (even if it is required chores). Are you fixing everything up to sell it?
Post a Comment