Sister Pile Up!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Tuesday Adventure - Mt. Rainier

Here are some photos from our Tuesday Adventure! We hiked on Mt. Rainier, WA. We went to Sunrise Camp and had a picnic lunch, (some of us were busy being eaten alive by Mosquitoes) Then Most of the children took off down the trail with an uncle, and my 3 oldest kids, plus one other older niece to keep an eye on them. I was following very slowly, with two other moms, and a grandma. We made sure no one was behind us! We had an interesting hike down the mountain to the White River Campground. It was more than three miles, and I personally took 1 1/2 hours to get there. The kids were there faster of course! It was a nice trip and I think by Sunday my Calves should have recovered from it. I was very sore, I wore my sandals down the hill, and I admit to saying "ouch" many days this week because of that choice. My man and his brother, who suggested the hike drove the cars down to the bottom of our hike and picked us up. They were not sore at all. I admit to being grateful that we didn't have to hike back up. I wouldn't have made that till next week!







3 comments:

sleepless said...

I want to go there !! You can keep your deserts any day...give me the mountains and valleys !! Great photos !!

Jan Parker said...

Looks and sounds like you had a great time! It sure is beautiful out there! I've never been further north than Sacramento. When 26 of us went out to Calif a couple years ago we SHOULD have worn the same color shirts during travel...it worked for the "reunion" part of the trip. How many of you got together in Washington?

Abigail said...

GORGEOUS PICTURES!!