Sister Pile Up!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

House care

Well, the kids and I have been working on getting things cleaned up and cleared out here at the home front! Last week My man went to Northern Maryland for the week so I gutted my bathroom except for the shower. Then I fixed it. new paint new floor, new vanity and sink, mirror and put the toilet back on with a new ring, a few pennies for stability and a caulk seal this time around. We have made many runs to the dump and the storage locker. We have almost managed to fill a 10x5 storage unit to the top! Some of that is for the Stake Clothing Exchange, so not all of it has to go. I just have so much junk! We are planning on getting the house listed on Friday. The man is in Huntsville this week, so were back to work again! Bruce was painting the den yesterday, and we had some guys come and clean the carpets yesterday as well. I had to get everything off my bedroom floor for that. It was scary! It took hours to get things taken care of properly so I could sleep on half of my bed (horizontally) with my grandfathers trunk on the bottom half of my bed. I still have two boxes of stuff to clear up that I just threw things into yesterday.... Also I managed to get my visiting teaching done this morning.! HOOAH!

So it is the normal high stress work as much as you can thing going on here. Today is another pack it and store day. But we just washed the cushion covers on the down stairs couch and chair. eventually we need to get Bruce's bed back to his room and weed some more so I can have the kids spread the 2 more bags of mulch... The only room that hasn't been painted recently is my bedroom and it is in the original flat paint with tons of scuff marks.... Spencer and Holly are busy sticking matchbox cars in their mouths. What fun! Well such is my life at the moment.

2 comments:

Illifornian said...

It sounds like you guys are really doing great getting ready to go. Good luck with the listing efforts. I know that the experience is difficult. GOOD LUCK!!

wilkinson family said...

wow, doing the whole bathroom, you are impressive!