Hey All!
My oldest daughter is an official teenager! This happened on Friday the 25th! I am one of those old folks who says "I remember when.." I remember when she was born! My Mother had been in Alabama for my niece Anna's wedding. She had planned to fly out when I went into labor. (I am very slow at labor it generally takes a day or two) I was two weeks overdue, and not expecting the baby to come any time soon. (boy #1 was 3 weeks late, boy#2 was induced at 2 1/2 weeks late) Sunday, My doctor had called and was checking on me, and to see if I wanted to be induced that day. My mother then called and told me she was just going to fly up to New Jersey from Alabama, and that I needed to have a baby! I went in the next day to my Doctor appointment and told him I was willing to be induced. My mom flew in, we left her with the other children and went to the hospital to have a baby. I still had a "soft" cast on my left hand so my IVs had to go in the right. (I had fallen and broken two fingers while running to the car - Very pregnant people have bad balance I am told.) She came out about 8am the next morning - a beautiful girl! My husband was scared cause he didn't know how to deal with girls. (5 girls later I think he has got it down...) I am so very greatful that I have my daughter, and she is my friend. She is a terrific young lady. We are so lucky to have her in our family!
1 comment:
wow! i didn't ever realize that. too coll at least grandma didn't have far to fly. love ya
Post a Comment