Sister Pile Up!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mommy

The Anti-poppyheads tagged me to get all my kids to answer these questions: It was a challenge, but hey I did it! Please note they aren't in age order, but in order of how I could catch them...

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Rachael -”I love you”
Bruce -”Get to work - do your chores”
Spencer- Who has (“the Sacrament”) bread?
Cora - Good Morning & Hi
Myra-it’s a beautiful day
Lilly- “You are NOT the Boss”
Holly-No
2. What makes mom happy?
Rachael -German beer drinking songs or gardening
Bruce - Her Man
Cora - Books
Spencer- When my brother is doing what he is suppose to!
Myra-When we help each other and we are kind
Lilly-when I do my chores and finish them with no help.
Holly-euwe
3. What makes mom sad?
Bruce - Disobedience
Rachael- Lilly not listening
Cora -When Daddy brings home M&M’s (Mommy can’t avoid them)
Spencer-When Holly falls down the stairs
Myra-When we are mean to each other and yell
Lilly-when I don’t tell my mom where I am going.(she leaves…)
Holly-hahahah
4. How does mom make you laugh?
Bruce - mentioning funny sounding diseases, or strange humor
Rachael - commenting on my kids doing silly things, saying something funny or tickling me
Cora- Tickling me
Spencer- She tickles me.
Lilly- by tickling me
Myra-By tickling me
Holly-yah! Ehda laaaa hahaha
5. What was mom like as a child?
Bruce - She hit things with trucks
Rachael- she was adventurous
Cora-young
Spencer- busy, flirtatious
Myra-I don’t remember - Happy?
Lilly-cute, pretty and really fun
Holly-badh
6. How old is your mom?
Bruce - 39
Rachael -39
Cora - 48
Spencer-20 (Bruce says he is a suck up!)
Lilly-45
Myra-38
Holly-mommah
7. How tall is your mom?
Bruce - Shorter than me
Rachael 5’ 7”¾”
Cora- Tall
Spencer- Shorter than me.
Myra-5 something - like over 5’6” or over 5’2”
Lilly-5 inches she holds out her hands about a foot apart and measures me and says I am 5 inches.
Holly-mah

8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do?
Bruce - Nag
Rachael - Garden
Cora - Make us do chores
Spencer-Listen to Mrs. Pollifax books on audio
Myra-Sew or listen to her tapes
Lilly- tickle me, and make me finish my chores. And make me go to school when I am not sick.
Holly-dow
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Bruce - Sleep - I don’t know
Rachael - read, Laundry I don’t know
Cora - She does Laundry
Spencer- sleep
Lilly - Looks for me
Myra-she does stuff- it varies
Holly- ew oh
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Bruce - Wedgieees!
Rachael - Sewing
Cora - Kissing people on the cheek
Spencer- Sewing
Myra-Sewing
Lilly-because she would be a star in a show - and be really famous - that is why she would be famous.
Holly- dat
11. What is your mom really good at?
Bruce - finding cookies
Rachael - Being a mom
Cora- Doing the garden
Spencer- Catching my brother reading
Myra-Being a Mother
Lilly- tickling me
Holly-doe
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Bruce - life in the twenty-first century
Rachael - playing video games
Cora-building a house
Spencer-playing Age of Empires
Myra-Whistling
Lilly-looking at peoples eyes when they do weird tricks with their eyeballs.
Holly-dah rah
13. What does your mom do for a job?
Bruce - cook
Rachael-she rushes around getting kids to places, and things.
Spencer- Sewing
Cora-being a mom
Myra-Mothering
Lilly- she does chore charts
Holly-maew
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Rachael - Ribs
Bruce -Red beans and Rice
Spencer- M&M’s
Cora- Breakfast
Myra-Squash
Lilly-A sandwich with lettuce and tomato and bread that I don’t really like (lots of grains)
Holly-hahahahaha
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Bruce - She is still there
Rachael-She is amazing
Spencer- She makes dinner, she does the laundry, and she drove me to school and back for two years.
Cora- She can sew
Myra-When she accomplishes a lot of her “house projects”
Lilly-She is beautiful!
Holly-ma hahahahaha
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Bruce - Elmo
Rachael - Minnie Mouse
Spencer-Daisy Duck
Cora-Superwoman
Lilly-she would be on PBS Kids -on a Ruff ruff man show
Myra-Rose is Rose (Newspaper funnies)
Holly-ehhahahaha
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Bruce - We eat dinner
Rachael - Walk in the mornings
Spencer- We have prayer together
Cora-brush my hair
Myra-Sometimes we go shopping together, & we cook dinner together
Lilly-we talk and play a little bit of games
Holly- (she holds me) dank you
18. How are you and your mom alike?
Bruce - Smiles
Rachael- We have the same color eyes
Spencer -we both have hair
Cora - we are both females
Myra- We both had blonde hair when we were little, we both have blue eyes, we are in the same family, and we are girls
Lilly-we both have fun
Holly-dath
19. How are you and your mom different?
Bruce- She is married, I’m not
Rachael - We don’t have the same skin or noses
Spencer-She is a Girl!
Cora-She doesn’t have brown eyes and I do
Myra-She is older than me.
Lilly-her eyes are kind of greenish, and she has lipstick and sometimes she puts the lipstick on!
Holly-ahhhhhhh!
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Bruce - She tells me that a lot!
Rachael- She gives me bear hug and kisses all the time
Spencer - She says it.
Cora- She gives me “raspberries” Kisses
Myra- She says IT! And she shows it!
Lilly- By hugging
Holly-pahhhh….

4 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

Hoorah! You did it! I'm so proud of you ;) Wasn't it fun? I loved reading their answers and I knew it would be cool to see the all the answers because of the wide range of ages. It's interesting to see their perceptions of us.

Are you going to tag anyone else?

wilkinson family said...

ah too cute, i'm too afraid to do it, but we'll see

Jan Parker said...

I laughed so hard! What a treat to read the answers; but what comes through is that your kids have a good sense of humor AND you're a great Mom! (What is an anti-poppyhead anyway?)
The "german beer drinking songs" was the biggest surprise. In honor of that, I am going to email you our newest, favorite, silly,song.

FoxFamily said...

That's awesome!!I love that kind of stuff!