Sister Pile Up!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Especially for Youth - Buena Vista

The boys had a great time at EFY. They attended at Southern Virginia University. Which I under stand is a very small little campus. They were in separate groups and buildings, but managed to get together at social events. Bruce is going through prayer withdrawal. He counted up and found that they had prayer 25 times one day! So now when ever we go to do something he feels the need to start with a prayer. (this includes driving anywhere, talking for extended periods...) It is a good thing. We are adjusting, and saying more prayers.

He also learned things about Etiquette and social skills. Both in class and out! For instance he learned that dancing with just a t-shirt on, he gets really sweaty. But if he wears an undershirt the sweat is less noticeable. At the dance they had Girls choice dances. Where obviously girls ask guys! Well, at one point he was concerned that no one would ask him to dance, so he raises his arm high in the air (granted he is almost 6'2" to begin with) and yells "I'M SINGLE PICK ME!" A girl actually had the guts to ask him. he was relieved. (His little sister says that she would have never asked a guy who did that.)

Bruce and Spencer both went and had a great time, but Spencer has a calmer personality and thus he is not mentioned quite as much. Spencer did learn to make paper roses out of napkins and now enjoys doing that. He also had a taste of what it is like to make girls feel really special and enjoyed that immensely! He had a great time and was saying "when I go back next year..." He Strongly hopes to return, he had a great experience and his spirit was very happy! They enjoyed our 4 Stake Youth conference, but they said this was way better! SO I guess it was money well spent.

3 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

Makes me miss being a kid myself! I'm glad they had so much fun!

I felt the same thing about prayers after coming home from my mission. I wanted to say one every time I left someones house :)

Abigail said...

What fun! I'm so jealous that they got to go to EFY!! I hope EFY is going on in 12+ years so Maddie can go to one!

Jan Parker said...

We had a 4 stake Youth Conference as well but Miles and Jotty felt the same way...EFY was WAY better!