My man returned from the Scout camp he was on last week. Three scouts earned 35 merit badges. Pretty good I'd say! But this morning I kissed the boys good bye again. They are headed to Souther Virginia University - For Especially for Youth. It should be great for them. I had to explain to My second son that he needs to talk to people, and smile and be social. It is not his normal personality. At school he was surrounded by girls, and he had no problem being with them but he might have to step out of his zone this week to talk to new people. They are also under strict instructions to dance with new people, not just those they know. I tried to explain that if they don't socialize with the people, and esp. girls around them the girls will feel slighted... The things mothers must explain to males.....
Sister Pile Up!
Monday, July 7, 2008
More gone away...
My man returned from the Scout camp he was on last week. Three scouts earned 35 merit badges. Pretty good I'd say! But this morning I kissed the boys good bye again. They are headed to Souther Virginia University - For Especially for Youth. It should be great for them. I had to explain to My second son that he needs to talk to people, and smile and be social. It is not his normal personality. At school he was surrounded by girls, and he had no problem being with them but he might have to step out of his zone this week to talk to new people. They are also under strict instructions to dance with new people, not just those they know. I tried to explain that if they don't socialize with the people, and esp. girls around them the girls will feel slighted... The things mothers must explain to males.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
lol, yeah i understand that.
What an exciting experience for them!! EFY is SO SO SO fun (assuming you talk to people). :-)
Great pics of the kids. I hope they have great time and make lots of NEW friends!
Amen Sista!! I make it a point to not miss a chance to dance (that rhymes). If Bruce and Spencer do that also, not only will they meet new people, but they'll also fell good about themselves. I know what it's like to not get asked to dance (lady's choice, *shudder, shudder*), and it doesn't fell good. But I also know what it's like to get asked to dance (also Lady's choice. They're not all bad, but most are.), and that fells great. So remember, never stop dancing.
Post a Comment