Sister Pile Up!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
what kind of a household is it?
I realize that my household changes as people grow. I remember being the kind of house where children were like mice and would nibble on the block of cheese in the fridge and wonder how I could tell it was them? (I can count the teeth marks in the cheese.) I recall being the household where the kids were terrified of having the windows open at night because the insects were so very loud. I remember being the household that invited all the neighborhood kids over, cause at least I could see what they were up to at my house. I remember being the household where preschool was happening on Tuesdays and Thursdays once a month at my house, and commonly the kids were held over afterwards while their moms were finishing one more thing, or going to the temple. I recall evolving into the once a week friend day in the summer, where all the kids got to invite one friend to come over and play, while I made sure I had enough food to feed all the kids, and snacks and towels when people ended up wet for some reason... Oh and all the dress up clothes came out everywhere, even on the boys! Today, I would describe my house as the house with 16 towels hanging in one bathroom and only one child at home to keep an eye on. It is sure to change to morrow, as I have just taken the towel down to the laundry. Goodness mom, I can't use that towel again it is dirty!or wet! (I simply used it to wipe my nice clean body dry.) Back to the laundry pile! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Hannah! It's good to hear from you. Yes, we all grow up and not just us our kids! I'm trying just to
"cherish" this time of having 4 little ones at home and having it be so busy all the time! I can't imagine when they get bigger!
Post a Comment