Sister Pile Up!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cut grass

I just love it when the grass is freshly mowed! It looks so good and makes the yard look so nice. After 5 days straight of rain, (yes, we were practicing treading water) It finally took a break. We had sun yesterday morning and it began to dry out the sodden mess that was our yard. We weren't praying it would stop or anything, but we really were getting tired of it. So it had dried enough that yesterday afternoon, Rachael and Myra started mowing the front and the South side of the house. They stopped after a couple of hours, due to fatigue. I don't know why but mowing with an electric mower is fatiguing! They had made cute little patch work quilt squares on the side yard. They would mow horizontal, then vertical, then horizontal etc.. They were very pleased with themselves. I was just very grateful the lawn got mowed! Now it looks so much better! It appears that someone cares about our house! At least until the grass grows again. I think we have a cute little house.

3 comments:

FoxFamily said...

Nice house Hannah! Your yard looks lovely as well.

Sherri said...

This is the 1st picture I've seen of your house. It is very cute and I love the yard. I know this may sound odd, but someday I would like to mow the grass again. Not just any grass, my own grass. Maybe next year sometime?

wilkinson family said...

that is a cute house and yard. now if only we could grown grass instead of weeds and burrs. lol