I have finished most of my major projects. I had the main floor bookcase painted so it matches the complementary one. They are now by the fireplace. I moved family history stuff upstairs to my bedroom so that you could accually find a book if you needed one to read. (This was an issue. As I have the books double layered on each shelf.) We got the dvd's and videos put away on their own shelves in the basement. I got the laundry room cabinets ripped out. Fixed up that wall, put up shelves to store detergent and pile my family's clothes on. Had to put up the shelves again when the support collapsed.I got the left over cabinets from the laundry room put up separately in my bathroom and in the basement bathroom for small storage. I put up a towel rack in my bathroom as the only one there was a small one over the jacuzzi tub. (It is a long way from the shower...) My family helped with clean up, and leaf collection. SOOOOO we had our first Dinner party. Not formal, but fun! I got to have my middle sister and her family come over for a Nacho bar dinner and play games. We had a great time. My kids were really surprised at how much fun could be had with family that was their age... My sister only brought 8 of her children so all total it was only one more than us. It didn't feel like there were very many people here. This was the first time since I have been married that this sister has ever been to my home. Her husband has been to all of my houses, but she has never been able to. It was so cool!
Yesterday we had another visitor. My husband's youngest brother and his fiance. Just before they got here, I got a call from my man's only sister. She had her 6th child on monday evening She named her Autumn. This eventually caused a problem for the brother as they were hoping to have my mother in law alter the wedding dress. She was on a plane headed to California before the new couple left my house. So I was offered the opportunity to alter the dress. I gave it a shot. I think I managed to make it do able, and now I am scared by the thought of cuting off the foot at the bottom to hem the dress... Scary! I don't want to ruin someone's wedding dress! I have never played with some ones wedding dress before.. Oh well, such a trust!
4 comments:
Wow! Sounds like moving has been a major ordeal. I'm glad to hear all is finding order at your house. Maybe you can come and visit us when we move and help me find order too...
We are looking forward to moving west and being a bit closer to family so we can visit more often.
-love the new family picture.
I love the family picture at the top of your blog! It is very nice.
I am glad Becca could visit you! yay!! What fun. When I make it to Utah can I come over? Please?
Good luck with the wedding dress!
Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds like you are getting settled and all is going well. :)
You always amaze me with how much you get done! and I love the new family picture! =]
Post a Comment