Sister Pile Up!

Friday, November 7, 2008

SMELLS!

Yesterday my new stove arrived! The night before it arrived, the old one started working fine with no sparking.... ARGH! We put the new one in and I looks good, then they changed the gas fitting and one of the burners didn't want to start at first, But once the gas got in there it was doing fine. It is a Maytag Gemini. Which means it has the knobs on the top of the stove, and it has two ovens. The installers turned every thing on to make sure it works and the smell was giving me a headache. I thought maybe the gas line had a problem, since I am not familiar with Gas. I tried to check the fittings and it looked okay. My brother called and he suggested I call the gas company so I did. They told me to evacuate and wait for them. 45 minutes later, Holly and I had taken a walk and were sitting in the car for warmth, when he arrived. He checked all my gas lines and all my fittings. Then he played with the stove, and that horrible smell came back - Guess what! it was the New gas stove smell. He explained that the new burner element gets burned when you cook, and puts off that smell for a while. I felt stupid, but at least I don't have to worry about the gas any more. I have never had a new gas stove before. I have only ever had a new electric wall oven before, never a full range of any kind. So here I have a new adventure before me. Didn't get much else done yesterday except a few parent teacher conferences. My kids are doing well, a bit confused as far as what is required for a couple of things but blowing the reading assesments out of the water. They are doing good, and have terrific teachers.

No comments: