Sister Pile Up!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

What's New?

I admit I haven't been on the computer lately. It is hard to to when there is so much else going on. Thursday we (the younger girls and I) went to the National Zoo. A friend and her Girls came along too. This makes it so the girls take a lot longer to start saying I'm tired, I'm hungry.. Their friends aren't doing it so why should they. There is a lot of construction - They are tearing up the old Elephant house, to make a new domain. The Giraffe's are gone - no sight of them. The Orangutans were playing on their line and a guide suggested we stay out from under them as they think it very humorous to poop or pee on people below them. We learned about the Hippos, that they can sleep under the water and they rise up and take a breath like every 4 minutes without waking, it is involuntary. To cool, they don't even know they are doing it. We saw the Panda taking a nap... What else do they do? We saw some cools prairie dogs, and some strange horses. There were a couple of Golden Tamarins outside, and some other bizarre creatures. We saw 3 female Lions, and one very gorgeous Tiger. They were very much all muscle. We missed the giant salamander and the red panda, those exhibits were closed. We avoided the reptiles house due to the long line. But we saw great Gorillas. One even put a brown paper bag over its head.(I think it was hiding..) We ate our lunches by the small mammal house and Lilly had a bee land on her leg twice, (It tasted her and decided she wasn't a flower so it flew away.) She was very relieved. Her last Bee adventure was when she was stung 11 times. We saw many cool animals, avoided the bats. :) They have changed the Trails so you can no longer take the high loop or low loop. We hoped to cut down to the low loop, but the only way to it was going back to the bottom, so we missed the birds this trip. Holly pitched her hat in one of the Panda exhibits. Oh well. Too tired to go back/care. It was a good trip, and we got home in time for Holly to take a nap, and fill up the van so the Scouts could take it Rock climbing at REI.

Friday I painted the breakfast nook area, and wore much of it. Then We all went to the pool. It was a pleasant day. My man came back from NM and life was good again. I admit being really pleased he wasn't going anywhere this week. Next week he is off to Scout camp for the week, but that is another story... Oh, Rachael came home from Girls camp on Saturday afternoon. She had a great time, Loved the fact that her side of the cabin let her re arrange the cots any time she wanted, and allowed her to sweep the cabin everyday. No restrictions on her cleanliness/ compulsions. She Love the food, said it was great, and never even missed me.....Have a great day!

2 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

I'm glad you didn't get pooped or peed on! I had to laugh when I read that. Funny you should mention prairie dogs. A lady at church offered to let us come over to her place and shoot them for fun - Such is life in Montana!

wilkinson family said...

wow it sounds like you have had a busy time. a day at the zoo is fun, but very exhausting.