Sister Pile Up!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Useful cleaning things

Okay so I have spent the past 3 weeks working on cleaning and painting and fixing up a Condo to get it ready to sell. At first my children were helping me and then they had to go to school. So now, Holly and I go and work on it. One of the challenges to my children was cleaning a bathtub with hard water stains, and windows with hard water stains.
I have to admit my favorite tools to tackle these jobs are Toilet bowl cleaner, magic eraser,and occassionally a metal putty knife. Steel wool works well too, just not in the tub. In the tub the steel wool leaves rust spots, just use steel wool on the outside windows.The toilet bowl cleaner must be able to work on minerals. "The Works" found at the dollar store is excellent, we used that on our outside window when we moved in and it was covered with hard water film. Bruce used it at the condo, but we ran out. Due to the fact there were like 6 bottles of Lysol toilet bowl cleaner at the condo we used that next. Same results. It makes the surfaces look like new again! Eye protection is necessary and gloves are really wise! put it on, scrub with magic eraser and rinse off. For those really difficult spots, like where someone left wood varnish on the the counters? use the putty knife! for dust in the creavases try your utility knife then a wet rag. These tips really have helped me... I just haven't conquered my stove..

1 comment:

sleepless said...

Have you tried mayonaise on the grease on the stove..let it sit a while...thanks for the cool tips !! I can't believe they let it get to those points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!