Yesterday was one of those days.. The kind where you have to write a list of the things you want to accomplish, and a list of the things that HAVE to be done. Then you have to write a list of stores and the exact things you want from those stores.. Otherwise my brain was so not going to remember any of it.
So, I eventually organized myself to write my lists. I had to go to the grocery stores. I made it to Albertsons and Maceys today. Yesterday, I hit Sunflower Market for produce. As a mother with any number of children in tow, I find it challenging to make it to more that three stores max in one day. By the time I have stopped three times and unbuckled and corralled my children, I am in no state to do any more. For some strange reason my patience is shot by then. I bet it is just a personal problem, no other moms feel that way do they?
Anyway, Today it was a cereal and meat day. Albertsons had the cereal, then at Maceys I got meat and Soy Ice Cream - Mint marble fudge! Yum! As I was leaving the store I noticed this lady in front of me with perfect hair! Really perfect! I thought that is too good, I bet it's a wig, just like my old neighbor Barb wears. Then I thought wait, It is Barb! So I hollered at her, and we stopped to visit. She was in a rush so she invited me to her house. I followed her from the parking lot to her new home, where her husband was busily digging and moving pampas grass. It was fun to see them both. They are so kind and friendly. They have a little three bedroom home on .54 acres of land. The main areas of the house are all on one level, so Barb doesn't have to go up and down stairs.(Mr. Bill said since they have no children he wanted to buy a house that they could live in well in their old age - They are in their late 60's now) When she lived by me she had a couple of nasty falls. They had taken the week off from work and had a stay cation. They had taken a huge load of rock and made a fire pit area, and put rocks around the base of the trees. They had ripped out a huge garden area, and now were planting trees to make an outdoor room area. I had pictured big, but this yard was immense. Mr. Bill was happily mowing the front lawn on his John Deere lawnmower. The little one loved the drinking fountain that was in the middle of the yard. Mr. Bill even showed her how to leave it on without holding it! Ms. Barb supplied popsicles and we had a lovely visit under the back porch awning. It was really fun, but Holly was distressed because Barb had hair on. She is used to Ms. Barb having a bandanna on her head. She lost her hair due to an illness, and mostly wears bandannas,which is how Holly expects her to look. I had to tell her Ms. Barb can change her hair like Holly can change her shoes.. Interesting concept.
2 comments:
That is so awesome...old friends are the best !!! I think many members of our family have no brain days !!!
lol change her hair like changing shoes. too funny but oh so nice to run into good friends at the store.
yeah i can't do more than 2 stores, unless it's walmart then that is the only store i can do with the kids because they drive me bonkers.
then some days i persevere and go to all 5 or 6 stores since it's a long way into town from my house (45 min. to the edge of town and another 30 to get to the good stores). on those days i try to make Sam's club the last stop and bribe of hotdog and soda for dinner. then when we get home, i go hibernate.
Post a Comment