Sister Pile Up!

Friday, September 10, 2010

new perspective

I posted on Facebook yesterday about having to go check to see if a contractor was done with their work YET, and how they made me feel as though I was an inconvienience. They won't answer my calls anymore, and they wouldn't come when they said they would. On the positive side, they haven't given me a bill yet either...

The way I felt brought comments about how I shouldn't be intimidated.. It also surprised me that one friend should say that She had been intimitaded by me before she got to know me.. I never thought of myself that way. Okay, I tend to be brusk and forthright, and occasionally blunt. I am "Large in stature" but I never really thought about my effect on others. I know my man intimidates people, but they don't know him. I am sure NOT intimidated by him. Anyway, I guess I created a shell to help me avoid getting hurt by other peoples comments or opinions about myself. I want to be friendly, and I am nice sometimes. Do you think this "Shell" is the reason I don't have more friends here?

6 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

Gee ... maybe it is the household you grew up in.

Mary seems to have a lot of friends. But you certainly can't say the same about me. Guess I'll just have to continue life as being "quirky" ... I'm certainly not intimidating. Right? :)

Unknown said...

I think you are one of the least intimidating people I know. But, I knew you when.....

Freth Stifter said...

Wait. Wait. Doesn't 'Becca have a lot of friends?

So maybe it isn't the household (that means you can't blame it on your mom & dad) ... It could just be certain eclectic individuals. :)

Myhouse4nine said...

Becca is sweet and nice to every one, I probably even intimidate her!

sleepless said...

I think it is the move that is the reason for not a lot of friends yet !! But, yes, you can come across as BOLD AND BOSSY...You say stuff to people..[like the guys outside the mall in Virginia.]that would get you shot in California !! You are also WAY too talented and capable for certain people to handle...hence intimidating..BUT WE LOVE YOU ANYWAY !!! HANG IN THERE !!
BRO...YOU ARE JUST PLAIN UNIQUE !

wilkinson family said...

ok so even if you may be bossy & bold as your sis. says, people will get to know you and know that you are a treasure.

I have found that people don't always know what to do with people who speak their minds, but that's no reason to stop.

If people don't make the effort to get to know you, then step out of your comfort and get to know them (much like the advice some of you gave aunt sheila). lol

No matter what, know that we love you and that in this family there are several of us like you. lol so you are not alone.