Sister Pile Up!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

cold weather golf

One of the advantages of going Golfing in Utah the day before Valentines Day:Discounted green fees, and cart fees,& No reservation is required! We were able to walk on, provided we found an open course... The second advantage is that the water hazards were frozen so we never lost a ball in the water! The Sand traps were frozen too, so the balls that landed in the sand didn't sink very far at all. Raking was still required because the top inch wasn't totally frozen and some foot prints were noticeable. All in all it was a fairly sucessful date, with a daughter with us.. It sure made my score look so much better! I even managed to get a boggy once! (This means that on one hole I was only one stroke over par for that hole! That was the highlight of the event for me! I enjoyed freezing with My man and my Myra! I have to admit it was a bit of an oxymoron to call it a "green" when all the grasses were brown or yellow. We even found some spots we were sure an alien ship must have landed, it had discolored the grass even more than just weather. :) Hope you all have a great Valentines!

1 comment:

sleepless said...

Happy Valentines Day to you and your family !!!! I'll take my 82 degree weather and all the windows open today !!!!!