Sister Pile Up!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Children provide entertainment...

What did I ever do for entertainment before I had children....

Go Go Gordon Lane Girls Basket ball won tonight 24 to 16.. Rachael was pleased to tell me she got 4 fouls. She also had to go to the free throw line twice. She said she was consistent. She always missed the first shot but got the second. Myra was doing great too, and got one basket. Rachael was sure she got more than 2 baskets but it didn't really matter cause she was just excited she used up 4 fouls out of 5.
Afterward the team went to our only fast food place for treats... You have got to be creative here.. Myra and another girl who are allergic to milk had Icees... Some team members had smoothies, and Well Miss Rachael, she had the Banana Split without the milk, sugar or soy.... Yep, she had a banana!


The Show Choir at High school is going to be doing singing telegrams for Valentines Day. Rachael considers it a matter of ruining someones life to send them one. She knows that at least one friend is sending her one.. She went with another friend to order one for someone else and actually told that person she was headed off to ruin their life :)
Spencer really thinks that he would like to buy a singing telegram for someone. It is undisclosed as to whom. He is unfortunately short of cash. He has been offering to do anything to earn money. Well, I have this chore that was bugging me. I wanted the rest of the toilet paper out of the tree in my front yard. We agreed that I would pay him 4 dollars to get it all down. It took him an hour to get that paper all out of the tree. He started with a leaf blower, it didn't work well. He came back in and suggested that we needed to up the payment to 5 dollars. Then he moved on to a rake and a ladder. That was the most successful approach. He was thinking as he worked on this project that it was taking a long time, and it was hard work! He decided no girl was worth THIS 5 dollars!!!! So much for all that working for money... He decided that next time I should pay him minimum wage... But his older brother under bid him and said he'd do it for 5 bucks next time, so I am safe!

Then there is Lilly who called from school today in tears telling me she is so sick she has to come home... So I pick her up, and bring her home only to find she is miraculously better. She decided she must just have been sick of school because she is all better now...
Cora was highly offended today! I made her a sandwich with a piece of French bread. She got a sandwich with peanut butter and Jam! She was rather distressed that I would do this to her deliberately. Whatever! I made 3 in a row for that batch, I probably switched hers and Bruce's lunches. She made a point to tell me she just couldn't eat it. (What, was she emotionally attached to those peaches and strawberries?)
See, what would I do without children?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Hannah, I remember what you used to do for entertainment. It had a lot to do with tormenting various guys. :) Hope you are enjoying your winter weather. I sure miss it. Jen

sleepless said...

I think that is why mom and dad went to..."if you are too sick to be in school you get to wash walls at home"....made me stay in school even with my stomach killing me because they kept stuffing vitamin c in me as a cure and I have since found I am incredibly allergic to ascorbic acid.

wilkinson family said...

lol, yeah they are entertaining aren't they.