Sister Pile Up!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dancers!

Yesterday we finally got 4 toothpick guys and one gorgeous 13 year old girl over to the High School in the morning (9AM) for Ballroom Dance lessons. We have only been trying for a month. The shocking part was that they all got dressed up! Boys in slacks and button up shirts, even some ties. Rachael wore a long floaty skirt. They feel safer in numbers so we drove them all over and dropped them off. There ended up being 6 to 8 guys total and 9 girls. Our group really had a great time and then they came home and hung out together for a few hours and then came to our house and practiced dancing till I kicked them out for dinner. I told them they had to go home and see their families before they went to the Stake Dance last night. They were learning waltzing (cuddling as Bruce says) and Starbursts(twirling the girls) and something with promenade in it. This was a good experience and Bruce finally had the guts to go to the dance last night and slow dance with young ladies. I heard they even danced with some of the girls from the class. (They knew they both knew the rules...) They are much more willing to go back next Saturday now. Although Rachael is swearing she is sore....

1 comment:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

It sounds like they had a great time! I could never ballroom dance. I have absolutely no coordination! Swing dancing was the thing in college and I couldn't stop trying to lead ;-)