Hey this is a first for us! Three sundays in a row with everyone well enough to go to church! We actually had everyone well for school on Friday too! I am soo excited.
My latest project has been sewing Easter Dresses for my girls. I didn't do it last year due to having just had a new baby last February. I am excited to do it this year. I finished the last one yesterday. I had to start in January. My husband and Eldest Daughter picked out the fabric - a very salmon and creme brocade with little butterflies on it. I had to measure everyone and record it all. Then find patterns to fit everyone. Then cut them out one at a time. I personally hate to cut out patterns so I cut out the patterns when I can handle it, then hold them in reserve for a needed time, like now. At that point I scheduled a plan, one dress a week. I realize I could sew them faster, but life happens in between. Especially when I have had sick kids practically every day for a month. I sewed Rachael's dress first. Then the next week the Cora's. I started on Myra's and found that I had altered the pattern too much and she couldn't take a deep breath. I switched her dress with Cora's and all was well. I made Lillian's Dress and it is floor length! Holly's dress got done while it was still Lillian's week. But Her bloomers (diaper cover) took their own week. The pattern I had cut out for the bloomers was for a stretch fabric. I was having a problem with the elastic casing for her legs. I thought about it and eventually cut bias "tape" out of the scrape fabric and made a separate elastic casing. I think it will work. Now the dresses are done and hanging in the closet waiting for 2 Sundays till they can wear them. Holly has never worn a dress that matched all of her sisters. This should be interesting. I was feeling bad that the boys never get anything for Easter, so I decided to buy them ties. They should hate me for it. I bought them salmon pink and black striped ties on line. They should come next week. I spared my darling husband since he didn't make me sew a dress that matched the girls for me.
Now I just have to hem some pants and I will be done sewing for a while. I can then clean up the sewing area and move on to household distruction - oops, painting... The girls have all created bead necklaces to go with their dresses. Holly doesn't get one - obviously a choking hazard for a 13 month old. My Back will sure be glad to not have to sit for a while. Sewing can be relaxing but it is murder on my hip and siatic nerve.
4 comments:
Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog aunt Hannah! We are super excited to have a new baby, but are dealing with a very rowdy, kind of jealous little 2 1/2 year old!
good luck making your dresses for your girls!! They'll look so cute!
Hello Sister!
It is wonderful to see your new blog! There is something wrong with the link to Abby ... it has one of those "%20" things in it. Here's the link to Kira: http://bkhutto.blogspot.com/
My goodness, yes ... you MUST be old! :0)
- Bro
congratulations on sewing all those dresses! As for the boys wearing matching ties, they should be happy, I make my boys wear shirts in the matching color of the dresses and include the ties. lol
of course right now I am envious that you found the time to that. I have yet to make my living room curtains, so the walls are bare except paint and the little kids room has curtains but is only 1/2 way painted. lol
love you
Hope you post pictures of the eventfull day whith everyone dressed up.
So glad you joined the blog community.
Post a Comment