Sister Pile Up!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Conny
I have noticed, and maybe others did too that most of my family is not smiling in the shot with Constance the cow. They are like that for some reason. They really were having a good adventure, but they get tired of my group shots I think. Constance was in the Independence Visitor Center just a block north of the Liberty Bell. She even has the independence hall reflection painted on her eye ball. I like finding odd things.. One of my favorite Statues "The Awakening" Has moved. It moved a month ago, on Holly's 1st birthday. It was this really cool metal thing coming out of the ground. It was as if a Giant was waking up and coming out of bed. One knee was up, a hand was out stretched, another arm and hand was stretched up to the elbow, a foot was curled, & the head was protruding with a mouth yawning. We all loved to put babies in the yawning mouth for photos. The kids loved to climb on the statue. The outstretched Arm was the tallest, and my nephew - an adult, struggled for quite a while to get up on that one. I don't actually recall if he made it our not. The "Awakening" was sold to a developer. So it was moved to a new sight somewhere down the Potomac River. Most people like myself didn't realize it was for sale, but I guess life is like that , the best things are fluid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
what happened to the foto of Constance the Cow? It's gone from the blog page ...
sorry conny was the header....
Post a Comment