Sister Pile Up!

Friday, March 14, 2008

My baby ate dirt yesterday... for the first time! It was a beautiful day here in Virginia. So after dinner Holly and I went outside to walk around. She headed straight for her dad's car. She wanted to get in. The doors were locked. We kept trying to turn her away from the car but she was determined. So I went over to weed in one of the flower beds, hoping she would get interested in what I was doing. lol. She stayed at the car till her sisters came tearing around the house. They decided to play a sheep/wolf game. She then decided to be diverted. Whomever was suppose to be hiding became her main interest in life. They would hide from the counters and she would toddle in their direction. I didn't see that the 5 yr old caught on to this connection, so as long a the 5 yr old was counting it didn't matter. Myra at ten noticed and tried to grab Holly so she wouldn't give the hiding place away. It didn't work. You can't successfully carry Holly and run after "the sheep." So Holly got dumped right next to me. She discovered the Daffodils that were blooming, but like most children she wanted to rip the flower off the stem. Then she realized I was pulling things out of the ground so she was going to help. So she reached down and pulled a big clump of dirt up and stuck it in her mouth. She ate it, with only a small ring of black around the outside of her mouth. yum. so I figured it was getting cold enough to go inside. Today, she has been knocking on the storm door hoping I will let her out... Learning is interesting.

2 comments:

wilkinson family said...

lol, too funny.

Sherri said...

You have flowers blooming? We still have snow. Wonder when we will have flowers? I can't wait.