Sister Pile Up!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Cabin fever!

I remember 12 years ago when my children 1,2,3,&4 all got the chicken pox's in consecutive weeks. It was really hard to be stuck in the house for a month with sick kids. The patience it takes to be kind and loving is really tough.

Well a couple of weeks a go, Holly started getting fevers. She'd get them in the late afternoon and become totally irrational. We'd give her some medicine and she'd go to bed really early and be zonked for the night. The bad part of this is that it means mom had to stay home with a sick Holly so she wouldn't spread it to others... Schockingly Mom got a nasty cough from Holly and the fevers.. As it goes mom tried really hard not to give it to others but mom's are expected to keep functioning in spite of being sick. So mom was sick for about a couple of weeks. Then Cora was home sick for a couple of days, and then Lilly was home for a couple of days, then the dad started to get sick.. Lucky dad.

Dad still had to go to a conference and we thought we had almost got everyone well while he was gone cause we forgot he was sick! We met up with the dad on Friday night in Park City. We camped in his Hotel room and enjoyed the view. We also found Cora's scarf that she had left while skiing two weeks before! Lilly and Cora didn't sleep well. We have learned that if we wake Lilly really early and she doesn't get enough sleep and she gets nauseous. Literally Green sometimes. When we went to breakfast on the way home she was not feeling great.

Later in the afternoon Rachael, Myra and Cora went for a little 2 mile jog/run. Good for them! In the evening I made white chili and blanched Asparagus for dinner. It tasted great and Cora ate two helpings! The bad part was hearing Cora cry at ten that night, that her tummy hurt. It isn't so good to see the dinner come back up... so after numerous times of doing this over the night we decided Cora wasn't going to church on Sunday. The dad stayed home with a sick Cora and a Lilly that said her tummy didn't feel good still.

Today the Lilly tried to pull that again and I told her to GET DRESSED and GO TO SCHOOL! Honestly I am tired of them wanting to stay home, I am tired of being trapped with children who are ill or want to be ill. Have I ranted enough? I figure if she throws up at school she will have been justified, if not she just might learn something. I need to go grocery shopping I am out of fruit again even after the big bag Aunt Mary brought me on Friday!

1 comment:

sleepless said...

I feel your frustration !! I have been there though only on a scale of 7 instead of 9......good luck with all that !! Wow, Mary was on a rampage last week..Down and out April got dinner from her !..and the kids got bubbles ..you got fruit..what an awesome Aunt !!