So I realize I haven't updated it for a while, but it has been Christmas Break and all the kids were home. We had company - my darling sister in law and her five kids just before Christmas. They left 2 days after her birthday, and got home on the 23rd in the evening. My Family loved it! Christmas eve we visited people and dropped off Peanut Brittle and candy bags! The kids said we had to sing, so Myra tried to excuse herself for half of it! Can you believe that! A teenager who feels embarrassed by singing with her family in public.... She sang with us for our street. The dad was left at home wrapping Christmas gifts. Wasn't that nice of him?!!!! Gift wrapping is not my favorite thing to do.
Christmas was nice. Due to going to bed rather late, and Holly waking me at 3 as usual, I was tired. The family actually let me sleep til 7 am!!! It was terrific!!!!!
I had quite a few suprises! It was fun! Holly was old enough to open her own gifts! She loved the new tea set she got! We ended up with a HUGE pile of new board games to play. My man has really enjoyed the year subscription to Netflix his brother gave him. He watches movies on the Wii, and the computer, and gets them in the mail too. Myra got a 2000 piece puzzle of Neuschwanstien in winter. I knew it would be hard but lets say it has been up for about a week and still isn't finished yet. The Man is making progress and we each have been contributing. Holly especially by Not helping!
Tuesday was our twentieth Anniversary! The 4 oldest kids went up to the SLC Temple and participated in Baptisms in the Morning. In the Afternoon The man and I went up to the Temple ourselves and then we went out for dinner at Red Lobster. (I LOVED the New Orleans Salmon!!!)
It snowed here A LOT this week.
We played games, worked on the puzzle, and had the chocolate fountain going on New Years Eve. Holly managed to make sure I got up at 7 am the next morning. :(
The man and I attended a small party on post on New Years Day. Now it is Sunday! I had my first experience working in Nursery in ages! I get to teach the older Nursery this year. I haven't been a Nursery leader since Spencer was born... And he is 6 foot tall now!
So you have a new status for me - Freth don't gripe that it's journalish .. Be happy!
2 comments:
Thanks for the update of your blog..how else do I have a clue what my little sister is doing ...along with all my darling nieces and interesting nephews...[except Bruce...he makes sure the world knows his every thought. !!]
No problem with the journalish!
Just good to read about your lives. :)
Post a Comment