There are sometimes of the year when I honestly feel like I spend a lot of time at the Doctors or Dentists. (We have diminished that one by finding a Dentist that will put us all in in two days) But Doctors!
There was Spencer's eye, which we found out that bacteria was growing under his contacts. Then Spencer's leg where we discovered that he had strange stress reaction fractures.. Then there were physical exams for Bruce. He's fine, what a relief.
Then there was me fed up with the pain in my hip and back. I get to go to Physical therapy and they help me find stretches that hurt. I figure if it is uncomfortable we must be covering muscles that haven't been used lately, the positive side is that my back is not as sore, and even though I do a lot of Hip abduction stretches, my hip stays in place more. Go figure!
Today we took 3 girls into the pediatricians office. Holly and Cora have a very icky cold , and I am not a bad mommy. The Dr. said so. The nurse asked Cora if she had been nauseous, and she said "only when mom tried to get me to drink the apple cider vinegar and water!" The Dr. advised that if Cora felt up to it and had no fever then she might as well go to school. Holly should get rechecked if she is still coughing in 2 weeks.
Rachael has a lovely rash, that I think is psoriasis, but the Doctor took a culture of it and suggested we try some new lotions and show any and all rashes to the Allergist in 2 weeks when we finally get in. I asked if we should have her soak her rash in an Epsom salts bath or put hand sanitizer on it and the Dr. Laughed and said "Wow, your mom really is mean isn't she?" Rae said she would be worried except that she knew it hurts me to even watch them get shots. We also mentioned that Rachael had a really bad tummy ache yesterday after eating fried potatoes with egg and then flu buster soup with red potatoes in it. (Really it was sad, she was laying on the floor on a cushion crying after dinner.) So this week we are avoiding potatoes and tomatoes - I was going to skip red peppers too but they were in my vegetable stir fry medley tonight. So we shall try and see how she does and if it diminishes at all. Oh and I also made her drink a apple cider vinegar concoction too! I am just so dang helpful! I drank some too just to see how bad it was first. (It is very vinegary! It helps to plug your nose!)
So exciting! I find such pleasure in making my kids wear masks at the Dr's. office, and telling Holly over and over again to sit down, or pick up something she threw down and make her put it away properly. Such a pleasure to spend a few hours in the Doctors office ;)
1 comment:
Oh yay...NOT !! This all reminds me of when I was a kid and my stomach hurt all the time..the parents pushed vitamin C tablets as the solutions..the doctor told me it was all in my head..Now we know I am extremely allergic to vitamin c and ascorbic acid..I am supposed to avoid all citrus,spicy stuff, vinegar, bell peppers, onions, chocolate,{it relaxes the throat muscles and encourages acid reflux}, anything with ascorbic acid..which is ALOT of processed stuff..etc....Life, SO TRICKY !!! Good luck with all that !!!
Post a Comment