Sister Pile Up!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Spencer is definitely 16


We went and got his driver's license on Monday the 7th after school. We celebrated his birthday that evening after a dinner of homemade pizza and yellow cake... We had disgusting things to call it like Reindeer pies. It tasted good, but reminded the boys how filling the homemade crust is. Lately we have just bought crusts from Sam's club. He was pleased with his gifts, but the one he liked best was a new MP3 player. His last one got run over on our CA trip in June. Then we had the fun job of calling the auto insurance company to list him as an official driver.. Ouch!
Today was Saturday! We had everyone involved in cleaning the house. Spencer, Myra, and Dad worked at replacing the Garage light fixtures. They had to sit on top of the Van to get to them! We now have working lights! YEAH!!!!!! I think it is my Christmas Gift ... Shh!
This evening Spencer had planned to have his birthday party. He invited 10 friend from school but 7 came. He had us play the squirt bottle game with various subjects for an hour. Then they moved into the dining room and played team Balderdash while I compiled their plates of Mystery Nachos. Only two choose very poorly, most had adequate things on their plates. I felt bad for the boy who picked only sour cream and green onions to go on his chips.. We later put more on their plates but it was fun to see what they picked to put on their plates. After eating they had cake, and opened gifts - He was thrilled to get a tie, a summer sausage roll, jelly beans, live glow in the dark fish, fish food, and a gift card. Pretty great gifts! Then they went down stairs, and watched James Garner in "Support your local Sheriff." It was a cute show. I felt bad for one girl who didn't enjoy the games, and didn't want to be wet at all, but couldn't think up things very quickly.. So that is how our day has gone. After the party , Bruce and Myra took off to see Bruce perform in the Nutcracker, and Spencer and Rachael went to the Stake dance! Should be fun!

1 comment:

sleepless said...

So, I missed 2 birthdays this week...I have got to find my birthday book and get my cards out !! SORRY...I was going to be so good this year about that !!