We like to play games.. We got some new games this past Christmas that we have been enjoying. Many of them require 4 or more players. Such as Snorta!, Blokus, and Connect 4 + 4. We all seem to start out on the same level. Then the family's competitive streak kicks in and I get toasted. Even Lilly has one! I tried playing Blokus with My man, and two oldest girls. It was fun the first time, then they had assessed my skills and they struck for the kill. None of them show mercy, it is really sad. I think we need to have a FHE lesson on compassion towards our mother. Snorta is another game that we have been enjoying as a family. We each have to draw an animal out of a bag and then we create a sound that animal will make for the game. After reviewing the sounds twice, the players hide their animals and you are suppose to recall the sounds when you have a card that matches theirs... Note to others, making your animal sound a "Raspberry" is not very fun when everyone is spitting at you...
The games have been fun, and people have done a very good job of getting along which I find highly encouraging.. As a side note, The boys and I have been working on a Teen Driving course which hopefully will lower our insurance premium upon successful completion. Bruce has found this course highly amusing and informative.. They have the students interview the parents on the first lesson, as to how driving has changed from their time to now... Bruce was rather surprised to find his area is way safer than downtown Los Angeles.. Shocker! We also had to go driving yesterday and look for hazards.. Rather difficult to find during the Christmas break when no one is outside playing and there is snow all over the ground.. So after a while we went to the Stake Center and I had to teach them how to do donuts and how to correct when your car is fishtailing, which our Lincoln does really well. It was a safe place as no one else was even in the parking lot, but there were tracks to show it wasn't an original idea.
Oh the joys!
No comments:
Post a Comment