Sister Pile Up!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Hard Water
When we moved to this house there was one window in the boys room you could NOT see through. It was totally cloudy white! The husband of our realtor explained that it was due to the hard water in the sprinkler system spraying on the window. He told me to go get something called The Works, rubber gloves and an SOS pad and scrub real well. We did, and it did come clean. I hadn't really thought much about it. I have occasionally thought "Do I really need a Water Softener?" Generally on days when I have forgotten to buy more softener salt.... But today totally reaffirmed my commitment to buy more salt and keep that softener ON! A lady I am acquainted with has Fibroid Myalgia? At times she hasn't felt well. She says it has been quite a few months since she was able to clean really well. She was moving, with inspection tonight and I was asked to come help her clean. Well she didn't clean, and I and the next door neighbor (with her children) Did the work. FOR 5 hours I worked at trying to clean the water build up off the showers, and toilets and sinks. The little kids insisted we clean the first toilet 5 times with different cleaners cause they still thought it was dirty.. When I pointed out that the water was white, not brown they finally let us stop cleaning that toilet...I am not the cleanest homemaker around but that was revolting! The soap scum was hard! The build up didn't come off with normal cleaners. It required "The Works". I went through a box of almost 4 heavy duty Mr. Clean Erasers. and when my arm was falling off I said I am done, as she was finally helping to sweep out her garage. I left hand prints on the walls cause I had not more strength of will to clean. The hard water totally aged the house too! It made it look so very old and decrepit. I am amazed and very grateful our house has a softener.. YUCK! My Man asked if she was embarassed to have us see her house in that state.. Nope!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment