Sister Pile Up!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Runs in the family..

That determined stubborn streak that I have, actually runs in the family. My mother admitted it this evening when we were talking on the phone. She asked me point blank what I was doing and I told her I was cleaning my stitches. She was surprised and admitted I had beat her...
So then we had to discover what her claim to accidents was this week. She didn't get any stitches but managed to tumble after climbing up a ladder to prune the shrubs on the outside wall, When she fell off, her hand got scratched up. She realizes that maybe she can't do everything but that doesn't stop her from trying! She did politely accept the help of a neighbor after her tumble to finish trimming the top of the bushes. When I am 80+ years I will probably be that determined too! My man will be telling me to "stop that" and just relax, I will be rushing around trying to do everything that still needs to be done even though I am getting older... When you read this mom, please forgive me but it really helps me to understand myself better as I get to know you.

3 comments:

Freth said...

Glad to hear that you and baby-bro are the ones to inherit those traits ... the rest of us are just laid-back (like Bro #3).

And when my children bring up various traits (like a tendency for kidney stones and other things) ... I assure them that they inherited all that from their mother. Even the grandbabies must have gotten their milk allergies from the other side of the line ...

Stubbornness must have skipped the rest of us ... :-)

Myhouse4nine said...

Right, you know Freth the kid's phrase "LIAR LIAR pants on fire" does come to mind as I read your comment...

sleepless said...

thanks for the clues on the non communicative mother !! She doesn't share well..I don't think she runs with scissors though...