Sister Pile Up!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

12 Days of Hotel life

So I have officially lived in hotels for the past twelve days. I am getting better at finding restaurant diversity, and It is really challenging but I have been finding vegetables. I think that the bulge I worked so hard to get rid of in June, July and August has been making a reappearance. Unfortunately. Last weeks hotel had weights, but this weeks doesn't. I spend 40 minutes driving my kids to school each morning, then sometimes return to the hotel, and later go back to retrieve them. I have been setting up utilities and phone service and such things. It actually takes a lot of time to do these things. We are tired, and I admit that my 8th grader stayed with me today instead of attending school. She could not stop crying. She is having a hard time adjusting to the change and really misses her friend in VA, she even misses her very strict school. Adjustments are painful for many of us. The 6 year old seems to feel no pain. She says everyone in her new class is her friend. The 3rd and 6th grader are doing well. Holly is actually sleeping in her own bed for two nights in a row, but she still has to lay next to me to fall asleep. We ban various foods each day, when we think we have eaten too much of them. Today Chocolate was banned to see if we could get Rae's tears to stop! We have previously banned french fries, soda, and there was talk of cheese.(No loss to me and myra :0) Myra is banned from drinks in the car. She has had a problem with spilling many kinds of liquids! MY main peeve is that there is only one washer in the hotel and it is on the opposite side. I got spoiled last week when the residence inn had 3 washers and six dryers. I could do all the laundry in less than 2 hours very sweet!

4 comments:

sleepless said...

I feel for you ...hotel's are fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there !! Good luck with all this...I think Rachel it more than justified crying...at her age I couldn't even handle changing our ward boundries !! It is hard...and Utah might as well be a foreign country..face it..nothing is the same...getting your familiar stuff should help a little eventually I think.

Unknown said...

Dearest Rosengren family,
I must tell you that it took 3 or 4 weeks for the tears to stop flowing in our estrogen filled home when we moved. Stay focused, and remember the lord has sent you where you are for a purpose and the best thing to do is go and find it.

wilkinson family said...

yeah and i thought staying in a hotel with 2 kids for a month was a pain when we first moved up here.
i like having more that 1 washer, i'm still trying to talk toby into hooking up our 2nd washer and dryer (1 set came with the house and we had one already).
i always had a hard time with moving. i waited for my siblings to make friends, then i made friends with the older siblings of their friends. I hated moving as a kid.

Myhouse4nine said...

Hey Anna, The thing I will really miss is the 2nd dryer. That made laundry much better.