Sister Pile Up!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Houses
Thursday I was feeling as if I really was not going to get the house I have a contract on. I was just not having any warm and fuzzy happy feelings about it. So I called my realtor and asked her if she could show me some back-up houses in case the deal went South and my husband walked away from it at closing. So this happened to scare my realtor she in turn called the Sellers realtor to see what the progress was and that ticked off the second realtor! She was irate about us trying to "nickel and dime her seller" and gripping about if this were a sellers market we couldn't pull this. ( We had asked if the electrical work was going to be taken care of by a qualified electrician as we had requested in the contract, and when the Safe would be removed...) My Realtor did say she would help me look at three back up houses. SO I looked at the three bigger houses, which were more money. The thing I noticed was that 2 of these houses that I really liked the house, had location issues. One was backed up to a main thru way with a bus stop directly behind the sliding glass door. The second was a fab house, but it was in a tiny little PUD community. The house had a great yard but all the people in front of you were crammed together so very close with only a common yard, no back yards at all. As I thought about these house and the one we had chosen I decided it was worth waiting for ours, ours had the best potential for re sale. Ours had the best location. In spite of the fact my husband says we can stay here till we retire, I am gonna make sure all my chickens are in the basket -I will stay with the one we have in contract and hope the Seller gets it together. The Sellers Realtor called later that day and apologized for having a fit earlier, She said the seller was at the house that day cleaning out stuff, had a friend who was an electrician there, and the Safe folks were suppose to come that day... We shall see. I don't know that I believe them. Ross is coming today to end up it Utah. YEAH! We will probably do a walk through on Monday. It should be fun to see if the safe is gone and how much damage they did. The safe was 6ft tall, 41 inches wide 27 inches deep and weighted 1841 pounds...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah i'd be worried about my kids locking each other in that too. of course that's because i know they'd do it or catch fingers in the door. lol
well i hope that all goes well for you and that everything gets done. i know it's not where you want to be (utah), but i hope you find some contentment while you live there.
Post a Comment