Sister Pile Up!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

boxes and stuff

I think I will skip the corn mazes this year. I have enough boxes to pile up and get lost behind! Our stuff was finally delivered this past Wednesday. That means we had keys for a week before stuff came. We painted and eventually I will find the camera so I can show you the rainbow of color that is our home. I am loving the fact I don't have to drive the kids to school and back every day!!!! I have to find things and I swear the packers are mystery writers. The box says helmets - 3 helmets were in it, with drapes and clothes. The box that says Jars has jam and spices. The food for the pantry was actually in a box marked Food. It threw me for a loop on that one. I think I have too many clothes and want them to all go away. But I know next summer I will wish I still had them... So I will have to find a spot for them and hope I can recall where that was then when I need it. The only spot that is clean is the TV area in the basement. That means only the area for my mans TV, couch and mounted speakers. I was clearing off the kitchen counter but it fills up again. We have a water problem that hopefully the plumber will fix tomorrow. We have a reverse Osmosis filtration system under the kitchen sink that seems to leak at random. Especially if someone uses it. So for the past three days I have had the cold water turned off at the kitchen sink This has slowed the leak, but I also contained the tubes that were the worst offenders into an empty ice cream bucket. So they fill it up and I dump it. The plumber said he would try to make it on Friday but if not then Monday. I sure hope he meant it. It is not fun to find the floor covered in water. I just want it gone. The boxes could go too. I wish I could find my tools and nails. No pictures can be hung up. Note: If moving DO NOT PACK the essential tools! Actually just pack it yourself if you can it will save you a lot of guess work later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hannah, Congratulations on the arrival of your stuff. I know that packing is still a little unfinished at our house. There are always a few you can't seem to finish. I know you will get it all done. Good Luck!!Adjusting is hard, stay focused. ;)

Sherri said...

I'm glad to hear you are able to actually start moving in. I hope you find all your stuff and find spaces for them too.
Lynn has heard that your kids are having a hard time adjusting at school and she is very nervous about our move next year too.

sleepless said...

Okay Hannah Bananna...........something new here would be appreciated !!