Sister Pile Up!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Today's adventure! Sweets!
Today being adventure day we had an appointmet to tour the Sweets Candy factory. It is actually located in West Valley City area. We called two weeks ago and made an appointment. This morning I unfortunately got lost! I was wandering along listening to the GPS and it had me in the totally wrong area. I eventually turned around and headed off on my own and found the general are when I go a call from the factory wondering where I was? I was a street and a half a way at that point. I found them and they let us go on the tour even though we were very late. It Was fun to see their warehouse, and then tour the taffy area, and the jelly bean bins, and see the cinnamin bears in the cornstarch molds.We got a sample of the jelly sours bases, and then we saw a video about how they make orange sticks and cover them in chocolate. Grandma liked the smell of that room!!! We saw the packaging area, and watched them rolling the taffy into tiny pieces and wrap it up. Pretty amazing and then there were taffy samples and out in the lobby more samples to try. Grandma was able to enjoy an orange stick !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love fieldtrips !
ohhhh I need the phone number and address so I can take my weirdos:)
Post a Comment