I have spent most of the last 4 days sewing to help prepare my daughter for an interesting opportunity. She is headed out on a Trek with her brother and cousins in a couple of weeks. She needed a pioneer/prairie costume. They wanted her to have a flannel nightgown - she has never had one before! I've sewn an apron, and dress, and slip and nightgown and now we have a bonnet and extra skirt still left to make. I am pretty sure it isn't something she will want to wear for fun beyond this event, but I think I did a pretty good job. I know my body is sore from sitting.
I took my boy out to try on hats this afternoon. It is important to be prepared and I had no idea how big his head is!!! Do you know he needs a Large hat? I also bought Bandanna's this week - 4 of them. You never know when you might need those to protect you from dust storms in Washington State??? I am not quite sure what they are needed for but my kids HAD to have them. These children are now the proud owners of 5 gallon plastic buckets. Very exciting since they are suppose to pack all their gear in these buckets.
My boy also had to check out the running shoes at Big 5... You know as a runner it is important to have at least a couple pairs of shoes broken in already, at least that is what he tried to convince me this afternoon. He also agreed to pay for a new pair of running shoes. That combined with the fact he selected a pair super quick and the salesman gave us a great price cut, meant he walked out of there with new shoes, and inserts. Happy Spencer, He even bought me a Slurpee to celebrate. I really think he needs to take a date out for Slurpees, not just his mom...
The oldest three Girls sang at the Daughters of the U Pioneers picnic at the Grist mill today. They sang three songs together while wearing their Easter dresses. The Gingham fit right in! The ladies in bonnets loved the girls outfits. I enjoyed hearing them sing, and I was pleased they did so well. I love to hear their harmony.
1 comment:
What fun advetures your kids have! What an awesome mom you are for doing that much sewing in so few days!
Post a Comment