Today is Friday. This is also the day of our High schools "Homecoming" football game. The kids have just departed for High School, Rae in a white shirt for the Sophmore colors, Spencer in a "Junior" blue shirt - but really hoping he will get a new shirt from a run he an a friend did, so he can wear it today instead of the one he has on. He departed with tux pants and a white shirt, and when questioned told me he wouldn't be home until after the parade this afternoon. He is in a whirlwind lately, and I never know when he will or won't be home, so I informed him that after the parade today, he was to come home and stay there for the night "Grounded",and babysit his sisters. He bristled at the word "Grounded" But I wanted him to know I wanted him HOME so we could count on him. His "Homecoming" date has evolved into tomorrow after the first session of conference pick up dates, then do stuff, then watch conf, at John's house, then the dinner, then take dates home, go to priesthood session, then pick up dates and go to the dance. Why do dates have to be ALLLLLL DAY LONG? He ended up convincing all his best friends to go to Homecoming with dates so he feels really comfortable. The boys have planned the activities together (They call it war council) and they even went out and ordered the flowers for the girls all by themselves!!!!!!! It was a group effort- four boys, and many hours later. (It is a small town, I wonder..)we have three places to get corsages, Maceys, and two possible florists. They chose the one by the 7-11. He seemed pleased to have chosen it himself. He also tryed out for the school play. He had to look closely at his schedule and figure out if he could fit it in. He decided he might have to skip "Footlocker" invitational again. He also would have to run on his own to keep in shape, with play practice from 4-7 daily. He also went to an Engineering fair yesterday. He enjoyed it. While he was at the Engineering fair, Rae was running on the "Homecoming" Run from the State Capital building, to our town. Her coach even took her over to visit a second cousin Amy Pickle..... who teaches school near where they were for lunch. The coach likes Ms. Amy but seems to be afraid of her too?
Rae and Myra also had Volleyball games yesterday. they played at 6 and again at 8. They won the 8 o'clock game, and had to go out for treats at the only fast food place in our community. Spencer & his dad went on some visits last night but returned in time so I didn't have to take the little girls with me to the second Volleyball game. (I was very happy about that!) This is just the past two days in their lives. Aren't you glad it isn't your life?
3 comments:
Yes, frankly I am glad your life is not my life !! Yours does not slow down and we are definately slowing down !!!
Arline says, "You bet!" (glad not her life)
Sleepless, that's because you are trundling out of Middle Age and into OLD Age. :)
It WAS my life...and I survived it just fine so there is hope for you :)
Post a Comment