Sister Pile Up!
Friday, October 7, 2011
Holly's adventure yesterday
Holly had a play date yesterday. She had to live with me during the morning as we sat at the car dealership getting a car fixed. She stared through the glass from the children's play area towards a baby in the other waiting room. She decided the the colorful shelves in the playroom were red, green, and blue, people sitting on each others heads. (I liked to think of them as colorful interlocking puzzle pieces). She played and we read stories for a while, then we got numerous drinks at the water fountain. She decided to be done playing.She started organizing. She stacked the puzzles all on the blue shelf. She decided to put all the mega blocks on the green shelf. SHe decided to bring the blocks to her by pulling the table rather than slide the blocks across the table to herself. She then had to proceed to pick them up from the floor. After that she decided to organized the books on the red shelf into 3 piles based on size of books. We read a few more books, Then she finished. We came home and she announced it was time for a nap. So I laid down in the recliner and she said she had changed her mind. So I took a brief nap on the chair and she watched Sesame Street. When her older siblings came home she proceeded to harass Rachael until she invited her friend John to come over to play with Holly. She then helped Rachael get her room cleaned up and colored pages with her while waiting for John to come play. When he finally got here she took him outside to play on the swings and they tummy swang for a while, then they colored with chalk and played with her beach umbrella. After an hour plus Rachael had to go to a volleyball game and John quietly snuck out with Rachael and Spencer. Later that night, Rachael complained that she was jealous and she wanted to talk with her friend. Obviously he had done a good job of playing with Holly while he was here. I told her I loved the friends of my big sisters who would play with me and make cookies for me, so I figured it was perfectly normal. SHe said you need to watch out mom! Holly was holding his hand!!!! Oh Holly! Some boys just need the education of how to play with girls, it doesn't matter if they are 17 and raised in all boy families. John obviously is good at adapting. Last time he came over here she made him dance like a princess with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so cute! What a great friend to play with Holly so well- though little girls can be quite entrancing. Ben has always hated dressing up- however Josie had decided he would be the King for her Princess costume and he has relented for halloween.
I laughed at how she organized the toys- I do the same things when I get bored waiting at doctor's offices. Sometimes I think they make we wait now, just so I'll organize it because as soon as I finish I get called back. Hmmm.
Quite the day for Miss Holly! Love that Rachel's friend is a good playmate! He'll be a good daddy someday if he keeps that up!
Wow..she has quite the way with older men !!
Post a Comment