Sister Pile Up!
Sunday, December 12, 2010
A day without cooking,
So yesterday we had a super busy day! In the morning My man cooked up one of his great skillet creations and we took it to the church for a breakfast party. Santa showed up! Holly thought that was fabulous! After that, the kids and I decorated the Gingerbread house. Yummy! Holly wanted to eat it right away! The man needed to go shopping for things for church and Christmas so I went along. Which involved going out to lunch at Sizzler, can you say Salad bar? Upon arriving home I ended up printing out the rest of my Christmas letters and getting dressed up for a party. Denim,Diamonds, and Dragon's was the theme. You could wear anything from Denim to Diamonds. I wore some slacks that looked a bit like denim but laid like slacks. They felt great! We took child #2,& 3, with us. #4 had to babysit. #3 drove the hour out to post, and we headed to the club. They decked the club out to look like a fairy tale kingdom. The Colonel was there and declared himself "King" They had a Sheriff - The Sargent Major, and we had a fun night of money raising adventures. They served salads at the tables, then had a yummy buffet with Rainbow potatoes,fresh Asparagus,chicken,roast beef, and rolls. Followed by cheese cake. During cheese cake My man was thrown in jail for having talked about "polka dots." Another woman asked if I wanted his cheese cake before I bailed him out... Another gentleman at our table was thrown in for being too nice. A whole table was thrown in for treason - they tried to usurp the "King." Later someone paid to have the whole room thrown in jail! The Sheriff suggested that in an effort to prevent over crowding we just sit at our tables and pony up the money when he came around. #3 daughter really wanted to stand in the jail. She smiled at the sheriff and batted her eyelashes and he let her stand in the jail with one other prisoner - another colonel. The colonel suggested they dance while waiting. After an minute of that she was done and slipped through the bars. When dancing time came around we had a hard time getting into it. We went through a couple of songs before we came to some that are popular now and I Knew #2 son could dance to it. I talk and begged and finally dumped him out of his chair to have him dance with his sister. The man and I went to dance too. They danced few more times, and I danced with him once, while the man was dancing with #3. #2 even had to dance with another woman who asked him to dance... Oh the pain! They were nervous about whether they were any good... They intimidated a few people. I am sure the man will hear about it at work next week. They are so well matched in size that it was fun to watch 2&3 dance. I enjoyed dancing too, and I only snap crackled and popped a few times. I am a bit sore today, what are fairy tale evening for if not enjoying a dance. The babysitter made homemade fries, pancakes, eggs, and burned some bacon for the troops. She and her assistant even cleaned up the messes! I had to pay them off! I have an awesome family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your day and evening sound really cool !!!
Post a Comment