I have been really busy lately... Yesterday, before I left to take my son to college I pulled out the crock pot. I have this simple recipe from my sister in law that everyone seems to love. I put 3 chicken breasts in the pot, poured 1 cup of water on it, and half of a jar of La Victoria Green Chili - Salsa Verde over it and left it to cook for the day. Later when I realized that there was no way I would make it home in time for dinner I called and asked my eldest daughter to organize the sisters to help chop lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Consequently they were able to have chicken burritos. They always say "I love the chicken". ( By the time you take the chicken out, it just shredds!)
I got home last night about 8 pm. and my husband and oldest daughter had gone to the store, they figured I was going to let them starve to death soon I think. They bought more things to put into lunches and bread! Thanks guys!
I feel as though I am letting everyone down, even though I am trying to balance helping everyone as much as I can... I wonder if that is similar to how a "working" mom feels?
1 comment:
You just let those capable young adults do more on a regular basis !!!GUILT FREE !!!
Post a Comment