Sister Pile Up!
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Saturday is a special day...
Yesterday was awesome! I was going to plant some flowers and noticed the yard really needed to be cut and trimmed - I asked very nicely and my man came out and mowed the yard while I trimmed the front. (I am very slow) After I cleaned up the yard, and my self we took off for a ride. We went to a wedding reception with the whole family. Met the groom out side the church- no he wasn't making a run for it. He was eating a strawberry. We introduced ourselves-I messed up introducing my sons ( bad mommy)! We headed to the foyer and stopped to visit with the bride's grandfather (love that man and his wife!) They had been in our ward in NEW JERSEY! The grandmother had been my RS president. Very Nice lady - very classy! We visited with the brides father for quite a while, my sons wandered off and were put to work carrying a table to the foyer. Holly and Lilly found the food! Rachael and Myra were very good about being introduced as the little girls we had had in NJ. Rachael was also the bride's piano student... We visited with the brides mother in the foyer as well! As we were about to go in, we found a young lady that had been in my activity days group in VA. She lives near Manti with her Aunt, but came to visit because she loved the Va friends. When we finally made it into the hall, It was decorated very nicely, and we found all our children eating. The girls were at one table, and the boys at another. The Man and I sat at the boys table (less chocolate smears) and visited with the bride's brother who looks like Spencer but with straight hair! Oh he is tall and dark and very handsome, Rachael even admitted this! He an Spencer have been friends since we moved to VA. We asked him lots about life and school, I asked about the bride and groom's history and he didn't know but he willingly improvised and made up a story.. I talked with the new couple and found out their real story, it was fun! We left the party, headed toward home, bought Chinese food for dinner in honor of the bride's adopted little Chinese sister. At home people ate quickly and then head to park for an end of the school year party. They were saying goodbye to Bruce's friend Cicily. She is an exchange student from Denmark. The man and I headed North to Bountiful. We did sealing for some 24 names we had. It was terrific. Near the end I was kneeling on the floor, my hip had had enough sitting for the day. Luckily we took the Lincoln, it is easier to recline in that seat, so I was okay on the way home. Stopped off for a rack of ribs and some shrimp... yum! What a great day. I am so very lucky to have such a great friend for my husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so awesome visiting with so many people you knew from that other life in VA !!!
Wow What an adventure for sure!! sounds like a loverly time!!
Post a Comment