Sister Pile Up!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Potty training reward!

Holly has been cooperating with potty training lately. It started with us looking for summer clothes in the garage. We came across some Care Bear underwear.. She loved them and actually didn't want to pee on them! Hallelujah! We have tried treats - no effect. we have tried the pattern of "this is what we do before bath time, and when we get up, she understands but wouldn't do it. One day she decided she really wanted stickers on a chart. So stickers combined with real panties has been the most successful. Not perfect, but far more so than any thing else. So as incentive, I told Holly if she had 10 stickers she and I would play at the park together - meaning all morning long! Then when she had an additional 10 we went to the children's museum to play! We repeated the Park plan after that, but she had to have an additional 20 for that and then an additional 20 to go back to the museum. Now we are planning that when we reach 100 wee will go swimming at the pool. So far we are doing well with this.. I know it is subject to change at any time, but I am thrilled we are doing so well this time! So these are pics from the museum that Holly really enjoyed!








2 comments:

sleepless said...

I PEE IN THE POTTY, CAN I GO TO THAT COOL MUSEUM ?

Mary said...

Oh, Hannah, you're such a good, creative mommy! I really enjoy watching you interact with your children - expecially Holly!