Sister Pile Up!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Sun
We have had really nice warm weather and sunshine this past week. I have been attempting to prune my rose bushes, whack back most of the other plants as well. One poor dwarf Pine Mungo didn't survive. It was pruned and dug about, and then it had the priviledge of walking out of the ground courtesy of the trailer hitch on the back of the Lincoln Town car and a heavy rope! I added lots of fun things to my clay dirt, like peat and potting soil, and lime. I played with a pitch fork and shovel and even planed BULBS! I am so excited! We put in two daylilies, a lot of Dahlia's, 2 pale pink Peonies, sunflowers, Zinnia's (ofcourse) and some strawflowers. I also transplanted a few daisies that were in the yard. It should be fun. My neighbor thinks I look like Katherine Hepburn with my big straw hat, He also thinks I should make my boys do the yard work, but then I would miss out on all the fun! I would much rather play in the dirt than clean my house! I also had the priviledge of learning about sprinkler systems this past week. Ours was not working right and since we were clueless we called someone to come help out. It was educational! Today we took all the pine boughes and rose clippings to the Community clean up bins. Hurrah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment