Sister Pile Up!
Friday, July 13, 2012
Summer Heat
So it happens to be Summer time! My friend Jennifer mentioned that I have been slacking off - Actually she asked me if I was aware it has been 2 months since I last wrote... Nope, I sort of got busier than I usually am.
Goodness it is hard to adjust to constant changes. I don't know how you all do it! Blogger changed, My kids are changing. My cars are needy. My man is fishing. That is a lot to deal with!
So My oldest son is being a super trooper - He is serving as a missionary in Joshua Texas. (I think) He sometimes rides a bike and sometimes drives a car. He doesn't mention the temperature at all. I think the his NOT whining about the temperature is pretty awesome.
I on the other hand have been warm and grouchy and whiny. It has been about a 100 degrees here, with stinky fires, and my vehicles presently have no A/C. The twenty year old lincoln we aren't sure when we will deal with it's issue, but the Van is sitting in the shop hoping it's vent can spew forth cold air again instead of just hot! We were driving up to Layton for a doctor's visit when it gradually stopped blowing cold air, and then worked it's way up to HOT air. It is a long drive. We had to have Slurpees - to help keep us from getting all of our moisture sucked out of us on the way home. Then a couple of days later we had to go back to the Doctor's office and he noticed Rachael was hot and sweaty when he was treating her. EWWWH a girls worst nightmare, to be slimy and hot when someone has to touch you.
She has had more fun with sweat this week. She had three days of Ballroom practice. Pretty awesome work out but Sweaty! She realized they were all dripping sweat, so it wasn't just her. One boy she was dancing with had to wipe his face off before they could do a dance step that brought them really close together. On the day she had to introduce herself to others she was wearing gloves due to allergy treatment. She let them all know she was wearing the rubber gloves for allergy treatment, not because they have Cooties!
I realize we don't have humidity, and I am grateful for that right now, but some times I really do feel as if I'm in a desert. I am pretty sure the dryness just sucks the life out of you at times.
So for today, Have a nice cool day, if not? Go get a Slurpee! Or a Lemonade!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hang in there sister !! It will be winter soon enough.
Thank you for the update! I really appreciate your efforts! :)
Don't feel bad about feeling like you are in a desert....cause you ARE in a desert even if the imported trees make it look otherwise....deserts are gross. :)
Post a Comment