So Holly and I worked on peeling off the old walpaper that was on the bottom half of the walls, and when that was finished we scrubbed the lint off the walls where we had removered walpaper months ago. Lilly wanted Watermelon Pink everywhere. I wasn't sure I could handle that. I asked Holly what she wanted? Blue Sky and clouds! I could handle that one! So we stopped by Home Depot one day while in SLC and found a beautiful sky blue Paint with primer in their oops section! Holly an I painted the walls!

In an effort of compromise, we had spray painted Lilly's dresser Pink and now she spray painted a curio shelf she had bought at a yard sale. This made her feel like she was a part of the project a tiny bit.

Holly was totally involved on this project! She had to help me paint the clouds on the sky. Here is a brief example of how the clouds were formed on her walls. (This is a portrait of Lilly, and Holly even wrote Lilly's name under the picture!

Here is shot of the completed Lilly side of the room.

This is a close up of the cloud that was formerly known as LILLY! You know how sometimes you look at the clouds and imagine shapes? Well we can looks at them and guess what holly had actually drawn. We have, Lilly, bunny rabbits, turtles, a spoon, a lamp, a dog lamp etc... (If you look to the left of the Lilly Cloud you can see what is left of a giant happy face) I think Holly enjoyed helping. Never underestimate the power of my 5 year old!
3 comments:
Great job turn the art projects into clouds!
What a great project..and so brave of you to let kids help and learn !!!
What a great project..and so brave of you to let kids help and learn !!!
Post a Comment