Sister Pile Up!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Curtains

So the sky room project wasn't finished I discovered. I thought I had got it all put back together and the girls stuff was out of my room...
But ... I learned that my man does not consider a room finished unless it has curtains! So the blinds aren't enough, I needed to finish the room with curtains. He suggested gingham yellow. I couldn't quite handle that bright yellow with the watermelon pink but I worked with the gingham idea.
I looked around and found I couldn't get just the right color in the stores. So I purchased a large rectangle tablecloth and started to make my own gingham.

I did go back and tape horizontally as well, just no pictures of that.

Then with a plastic drop cloth underneath, (I had done much research on pinterest) I rolled out the paint on my taped off table cloth. I did it late in the evening, so the paint could dry before most of the kids would be moving in that area.

It fuzzed up the fabric when I peeled the tape off but it just added some texture. I had purposely taped off a section to make a sun.

So far the sun looked okay

I tried to used a gold glitter spray to give depth to the sun - EPIC FAIL! I hate the sun now.

I looked at it for a day and even covering the sun with white didn't hide the gold. So I cut off as much of the gingham area that didn't have yellow on it and threw the yellow part away.
Stay tuned for pictures of me salvaging the gingham curtains :)

2 comments:

sleepless said...

WOW..that's a new one ! Aren't we just the wierd creative ones !!

Abigail said...

I'm fascinated by your curtain project.