Sister Pile Up!

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

!st Gardening Class!

I went a little nervous and a lot excited..
Found out the man who is the teacher is also the guy who has the KSL Gardening show on radio Saturday mornings. We had a good class, we learned about each other and Linden Greenhalgh the Extension agent here in Tooele Co. We talked about some stuff and then there was a ???? time.. I am SO going to love this class! Found out that we do NOT need to put lime in our soil here. In VA and NJ we needed to put out tons. He explained that the mountain to the west is a lime cap. They used to mine Dolomite Lime there. The soil is very alkaline here. Also got to ask why my container gardens were so pale at the end of the summer - Not enough nitrogen he says.. (Fertilizer for lay men.) So cool, I will not be leaving this class early.... Next weeks assignment is to bring in my soil sample. Is this a great birthday gift or what!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Way cool!!

sleepless said...

I love it whan I am in a class that interests me and that I enjoy and find value in !!! Have FUN !!