Wow, I was just too busy to get on the computer, or everyone else spent too much time on, so I could not. Be that as it may, Bruce turned 17 this past week. His favorite gift was a toss up between a hat and the microplush fleece blanket he received. Oh yeah, thanks for the clothes too he says... The hat looks like a British cap. He looks like "Burt" the chimney sweep when he wears it.(from Mary Poppins) He thinks he looks more like a Limo driver... What ever. He was at least happy about something he received. The three oldest kids went Ice Skating on Tuesday night after his party. Rachael came home with huge poped blisters on the inside of both heels. As a mother, it is not kind to remind them that I told them to put on thick long socks. They had one pair on and thought that was enough... Wednesday I went to a R.S. Enrichment activity. I was suppose to bring 2 dozen of my favorite cookies. I haven't figured out how not to burn cookies in my oven yet. So I made some of the Crispy treats that have peanut butter in them and then butterscotch and chocolate on top. I wasn't sure how many one batch would make so I made 4 batches. makes sense doesn't it? I cut large chunks out! 29 went to R.S. Then another large platter with smaller chunks went to my niece's house the next day for fun. The rest stayed here and ended up in my mouth and my children's mouthes. I am so very lucky I have children! Thursday, I had errands to run so I ran them in Provo. Then when I was done I went to Orem to visit with my nieces. Bruce had a group date that night. He drove two of his friends to pick up their dates and then to the party where his date lived. I noticed a kiss mark on the the window and he swears it was one of the other guy's dates that kissed his window... Right..? Friday was another crazy day, Bruce had to go shopping for a gift for a guy friend's party that night. He requested we go to a thrift store. They found him a hideous Hawaiian shirt, a stripped tie, a straw belt, white pants, and a colored Sombrero that was printed with the words "This is not a hat." Spencer decide the guy also needed yoyos and Chinese finger traps.
That afternoon all the girls went with me to Orem to visit with my nieces again. We saw my Aunt Mary, and the room was full of 8 nieces before we entered. We visited for a while then headed home. The man and I went out to Apple bee's for dinner and went to the RITZ to watch "Shopaholic". It was quite well done. I was impressed, having read 2 of the books. They handled the debt and life issues in excellent form. If I say more it might ruin the movie for you....
1 comment:
It was fantastic seeing you, Aunt Hannah. Thank you so much for coming out both days and for bringing your girls!!
Post a Comment